Saturday, October 29, 2011

a busy week

i am ohhhh soooooo tired this week. checkout what i had been busy with...

Mon, 24 Oct: 8am - 3pm school..got home at 6pm after shopping at Nisbet

Tue, 25 Oct: 8am - 7pm school -> afternoon tea, dinner with classmate and got home at 9plus..

Wed, 26 Oct: 8am - 1030am school, rush home to check if i have uncollected parcel (sadly my parcel didnt arrive) 1230pm - 6pm work...watched drama..slept at 1am

Thur, 27 Oct: 9am - 5pm work...no parcel still, watched drama..slept at 11pm

Fri, 28 Oct: 9am - 7pm work..no parcel TT, watched drama..slept at 11pm

Today, Sat, 29 Oct: woke up at 730am and cant get to sleep.. -.- tired... when jogging, did yoga, cleaned up room, did laundry...tried to work on portfolio but decided to update the blog so u can be happy that i wrote a new post.. =x

it was really tiring but i guess my life before i came here was much busier and tiring..

anw my internship at Melt was fabulous. the chefs are so patient and sincere in teaching. she even asked me a lot about school work especially my preparation for exam. she gave me advices and suggestions and asked me to show her my design and concept so she can understand more and maybe give me some opinion and assistance..awwww how nice can she be.. as i had be working lately other than schooling, the heavy load of trays and cakes at the Ritz is killing my back..Yesterday at Melt, the after effect of working at Ritz kicked in where when i was chopping 2kg of candied orange slices, my back ached like crazy. anw my knife skills are horrible and hence i am glad that i am able to practice it at Melt..seems like such chopping action is building muscles around my wrist. not something that i am happy about though.

Melt is just an awesome place to be in. homely and comfortable, happy and stress-free, ppl are nice and sincere.

i was thinking how interesting working with chocolates are as they are like the lead character in a drama while ganache and flavourings are just the supporting role. not only that, in my opinion, the understanding of chocolates are similar to that wine. kinda 'chim' (chim = something that is not easy to understand) to me. i know relating chocolates to wines might somewhat sound silly. i was thinking the same until during lunch yesterday, chef Eiichi said the same as what i thought. he thinks that chocolates are like wines, the type of grapes, the location it was harvest and percentage is very similar to chocolates...my sentiments exact...so he just confirmed that my thoughts are not silly and it made sense :)

all right it is 5.30pm now i shall get going and work on my portfolio.. :( not much time left...ganbatte...

No comments:

Post a Comment